Travel tips from the FCO
by FCO UK
- Make sure you have valid travel insurance, even if you’re only planning a short trip. And make sure it will cover you for wherever you’re going and whatever activities you plan to take part in while you’re there.
- Visit your GP at least 6 weeks before you travel. They will check that your vaccinations are up to date and give you helpful health advice for your trip.
- Read up on your destination, including local laws and customs. A good travel guide should give you this information, and it’s also worth talking to your travel agent or tour operator about possible risks.
- Make photocopies of your passport, visas, insurance details and any other important travel documents. Take one copy with you (packed separately from your real documents) and leave another copy with a relative or friend at home.
- Register with the FCO’s LOCATE https://www.locate.fco.gov.uk/locateportal/ service to tell them where you’re travelling to so the embassy and crisis staff can provide better assistance in an emergency such as a tsunami or terrorist attack.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Kazakhstan Travel Tips.