Role of KazakhstanDiscovery.com
by FCO UK
As a trusted brand, Kazakhstan Discovery can play an important part in the ‘Know Before You Go’ campaign by providing information to travellers through its website.
The sort of information Kazakhstan Discovery can pass on includes tips like:
- Make sure you have valid travel insurance, even if you’re only planning a short trip. And make sure it will cover you for wherever you’re going and whatever activities you plan to take part in while you’re there.
- Visit your GP at least 6 weeks before you travel. They will check that your vaccinations are up to date and give you helpful health advice for your trip.
- Read up on your destination, including local laws and customs. A good travel guide should give you this information, and it’s also worth talking to your travel agent or tour operator about possible risks.
- Make photocopies of your passport, visas, insurance details and any other important travel documents. Take one copy with you (packed separately from your real documents) and leave another copy with a relative or friend at home.
- Register with the FCO’s LOCATE https://www.locate.fco.gov.uk/locateportal/ service to tell them where you’re travelling to so the embassy and crisis staff can provide better assistance in an emergency such as a tsunami or terrorist attack.
can also point the site visitors towards the FCO website: www.fco.gov.uk/travel
. Here the visitors can find lots of handy information, including:
- General travel advice to help them avoid preventable risks
- Travel advice by country, to keep them informed about their specific destination
- The ‘Don’t go to…’ list of countries where the risk of terrorism, civil unrest or health problems is so high that the FCO advises against travelling there
- An explanation of what services the British Consulate can provide to travellers when things go wrong – and what services they can’t
- A range of handy checklists, from general checklists for before they travel and whilst they’re abroad, to checklists designed for specific groups such as gap year students, women and gay or lesbian travellers
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Kazakhstan Travel Tips.