Introducing your local
by FCO UK
You’ll probably know that British Consulate offices exist in foreign countries, to assist British nationals while they’re in the country. But do you know what they can actually do to help if you can get into difficulty – and what they can’t do?
For example, your local British Consulate can:
* issue a replacement passport if yours is lost or stolen
* help if you are a victim of crime
* make special arrangements if there’s a terrorism attack or a natural disaster
But they can’t:
* get you out of prison
* pay fines for you or put up bail
* help you enter a country if you don’t have the correct visa
You can get all the facts about the British Consulate services on the FCO’s website www.fco.gov.uk/travel .
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Kazakhstan Travel Tips.